2021 ONLINE YOUNG FARM WORKER SAFETY TRAINING
Available until May 16, 2021
Thanks to some hard working people and some great sponsors we are pleased to offer an online version of our Young Farm Worker Safety Training Workshop. The online training modules are available until May 16, 2021.
The online training modules cover the facts about high risk farming activities. These are presented in 6 modules: Think it Thru, Powerline Safety, Machinery Safety, Livestock Handling, Confined Spaces and Grain Handling.
If you complete all the following steps you can get your AGR2950 credit.
1. Register for the workshop to get your links to the training and the workbook. Register here.
2. Complete the online modules on or before May 16.
3. View the presentation of SILO on May 13 @ 6:30 pm MDT. (Not required but recommended. See here for more info.)
4. At the end of the training modules sign up for the webinar being held May 17, 2021 @ 6:30 pm. The link is at the end of the training modules. You must attend the webinar to get the credit. A short quiz will be administered after the webinar.
5. Complete the workbook, the farm safety walkabout and submit it for evaluation.
6. If you have completed all the steps then you will be get your AGR2950 credit. Good luck!!
Young Farm Worker Safety Training Workshop
Next In-Person Workshop - April 2022
Olds College - Olds, Alberta
Welcome to the Young Farm Worker Safety Training Workshop website. We know that safety and safety training can be a little on the "dry" side, but we hope that you stick around long enough to find out what this training workshop is all about.
We have been providing this safety training for young farm workers in Central Alberta for 14 years. We are thrilled that other communities are doing their own farm safety workshops in other regions. This page is specific to our workshop, but if you have questions about other areas you can send them our way and we will pass them on.
This workshop is for young farm workers ages 14+, including Green Certificate Students, Trainers and Coordinators, and parents or supervisors of young farm workers who want a refresher on farm safety. Participants who attend this workshop and complete a homework assignment that includes a Farm Hazard Assessment, can obtain 1 high school credit in AGR 2950. More information will be available at the workshop.
This workshop emphasizes "Think it Thru". This starts the correct thought process that can be applied to the various farm tasks that our young workers complete everyday. We encourage parents and supervisors to attend, so they can discuss how farm tasks are done, and to make sure they are being approached the safest way possible.
Every attempt is made to make the workshop "hands-on", realizing that we must operate within the constraints of our liability insurance. We have incorporated classroom instruction with demonstrations, facility tours, and safety skill development. We have also worked in a little bit of fun and action to keep the day rolling along.
Look through the other pages to get the latest information on the workshop before you proceed to the registration page.